- Customer Service is king. The consumer loves technology but still wants service.
- Quick delivery is expected. Fast, accurate delivery is key to satisfaction.
- Define your core business. The Taxi is not just a Taxi; they are in the transportation business. A sports team is not just the hometown team; they are in the entertainment business.
- Act quickly, or get left at the starting line. Technology has increased expectations; but to meet them, you must keep the human experience human.
- Market, advertise, and publish your change. Inform key players. Marketers are operating as agents. They must be in the loop. Artists and suppliers may be working in offices or in another country.
To summarize: Marketers must use the marketing tool box to improve and promote good customer service. Announce your changes through public relations, social media, and flyers. Promote your changes through training, speaking, and demonstrating.